$80.00 – $375.00
- Atomoxetine is not a stimulant, which makes it different from the other medicines used to treat ADHD. We are still not sure exactly how atomoxetine works – but this is what we know so far;
- One of the chemicals in the brain is called noradrenaline (the Americans call it norepinephrine). This transmitter is released to carry messages from one cell to another in the brain.
- After sending the message, noradrenaline is collected by other cells to stop it working. Atomoxetine is a molecule that stops these cells from doing this. This means that the levels of noradrenaline in the brain increase.
- Higher levels of noradrenaline in the brain help to make people alert and ready for action. They feel like they have more energy and wellbeing.
- It should help to increase your attention span, and your concentration, and stop you acting on impulse without thinking.